After upgrading from OSX 10.8.x to 10.9 (Mavericks), encfs recipe is broken. First of all you have to fix a problem with a library header:
sudo ln -s /usr/include/sys/_endian.h /usr/include/sys/endian.h
then you can install encfs using this remote brew recipe:
brew reinstall https://gist.github.com/ghibble/7297078/raw/cae1ff000a5e1cfc670f5b7a611279ed494b63af/encfs.rb
It’s also possible that you have to fix fuse4x installation before being able to use encfs (I had to do it):
sudo /bin/cp -rfX /usr/local/Cellar/fuse4x-kext/0.9.2/Library/Extensions/fuse4x.kext /Library/Extensions
sudo chmod +s /Library/Extensions/fuse4x.kext/Support/load_fuse4x
That’s it! Please note that this is just a workaround (thanks to Giovanni Bajo for suggesting me the symlink fix). Please also note that this recipe uses fuse4x library and not the most updated osxfuse (but it works, anyway). Some other users reported me that there is a fix for the original brew recipe, and this one uses osxfuse. You can find it here https://gist.github.com/defunctzombie/7324625 but I haven’t tested it yet.
Update: to fully integrate encfs with OSX, I also suggest to follow this nice guide http://www.maketecheasier.com/install-encfs-mac/
Using the same computer with Windows 8 and Ubuntu I noticed that the sound was worse in Ubuntu and I discovered why soon: subwoofer doesn’t work out of the box!
How to fix it
The fix is quite easy to apply (but it was not easy to find the right one!). First of all edit /etc/pulse/default.pa and add this line at the end:
load-module module-combine channels=6 channel_map=front-left,front-right,rear-left,rear-right,front-center,lfe
then edit /etc/pulse/daemon.conf, modify the line “enable-lfe-remixing: no” to “enable-lfe-remixing: yes“, then uncomment it (remove the semicolon in front of it). Reboot your PC and enjoy the subwoofer!
I admit. This website, like thousands of others, has been hacked! I still have to identify the precise source of the attack, but I’ve found out that is very common. I was able to discover about the attack just because the dashboard of WordPress stopped working. I decided to investigate and I found this strind on top of every .php file http://pastebin.com/k0iQymRy
Just googling I discovered that I was not alone http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16963818/server-hacked-on-wordpress-files
How to fix this?
The best solution would be to restore the files with a valid backup, but sometimes this is not possible. Here comes an handy bash solution (note: you need to be able to access your hosting with a SSH shell to execute this command): http://pastebin.com/V3nFwwtZ
The pip utility distributed with Debian 6.0 has a bug once you upgrade it with pip install -U pip. You will easily get this error when you try to install a new package with it:
root@worker2:~# pip install setproctitle
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/pip", line 8, in <module>
from pip.baseparser import parser
ImportError: cannot import name parser
Luckly there is a very easy workaround:
ln -sv /usr/local/bin/pip-2.6 /usr/bin/pip
pip install pip --upgrade
Developing Python applications sometimes it’s useful to be able to test the code with different environments, for example a particular version of Python or a specific Django version etc… Setting up many different virtual machines would be really too much work and even using a chroot environment is not what you need in some cases. Thanks to virtualenv is it possible to create a self contained Python environment with all the specific libraries you may need. Using virtualenv is very easy:
- Creating the virtual environment: virtualenv myenv –no-site-packages
- Entering the virtual environment: source myenv/bin/activate
- Deactivating the virtual environment: deactivate
That’s it! Once you’re inside the virtual environment you will be using the Python libraries inside it. I suggest you to install all the Python libraries you need using pip.