Fix encfs under OSX after upgrading to 10.11.2

Posted on Wed 09 December 2015 in HowTo, OSX • Tagged with bug, encfs, security

After having upgraded OSX to 10.11.2 on my MacBook, I noticed that my encfs volume didn't mount after reboot. I tried to run the script manually and all I got was this error:

dyld: Symbol not found: __ZN5boost7archive17xml_iarchive_implINS0_12xml_iarchiveEE13load_overrideERNS0_15class_name_typeEi
  Referenced from: /usr/local/Cellar/encfs/1.8.1/lib/libencfs.6.dylib
  Expected in: /usr/local/lib/libboost_serialization-mt.dylib
in /usr/local/Cellar/encfs/1.8.1/lib/libencfs.6.dylib

I quickly found that was a common problem caused by a new version of Boost being installed:

To fix it, you just need to reinstall encfs using this command

brew reinstall -s encfs

Nokia N900: some problems with latest PR 1.1.1 firmware

Posted on Wed 17 February 2010 in Linux, Maemo (EN), Recensione • Tagged with bug, firmware, maemo, N900, nokia

I don't know if it's just a case or if I'm the only one who had these problems, but I'll report them anyway, maybe somebody had my same problem and we could try to prepare a proper bug report to make the Maemo team fix them.

Infinite boot loop after upgrade

First of all I have to say that before upgrading to PR 1.1.1 I checked if I had enough space on the rootfs. I only had 27 Mb and so I decided to remove some unused applications, deleted some *.deb in /var/cache/apt/archives and disabled extras repositories. Of course I also did a backup of all my configuration. After the cleaning operation I had near 60 Mb free on rootfs, enough to install the upgrade.

I closed all running applications, started the application manager and began the upgrade. After the upgrade was completed, the device did a reboot... then another one, then again, again.... until I had to remove the battery to stop it.

Conclusion: I had to re-flash the device with the latest image to make it work again.

mafw-dbus-wrapper taking all the CPU

I was watching a video (using subtitles) and after some minutes the whole UI became unresponsive. Strange because I already did this before without having any problem. I tried to check the problem using "top" utility from terminal and I saw that there was a mafw process (mafw-dbus-wrapper) that was taking 80-90% of CPU. My fault is that normally there are at least 3-4 , mafw-dbus-wrapper processes and I didn't check which one was causing the problem. Anyway I made a screenshot, just in case it can help.

mafw dbus

I hope this short report can be useful to help Maemo team to fix or at least investigate what happened. Just leave a comment or contact me if you need more informations.

Un bug del Kernel Linux 2.6.27 potrebbe danneggiare le schede ethernet con driver e1000e

Posted on Wed 24 September 2008 in Linux, Sicurezza • Tagged with bug, e1000e, kernel


Secondo quanto riportato sulla mailing list di sviluppo di Ubuntu, un bug presente nella versione 2.6.27 del kernel Linux potrebbe danneggiare irreparabilmente le schede ethernet dotate di chipset Intel GigE che utilizzano il driver e1000e.

Secondo le prime analisi, il bug andrebbe a sovrascrivere la eprom di queste schede di rete, rendendole inutilizzabili.

L'attuale alpha 6 di Ubuntu contiene questo bug, si consiglia quindi di non utilizzarla se si possiede tale scheda, ma di attendere almeno la prossima release (la beta dovrebbe uscire il 2 ottobre), dove il bug è già stato corretto.

Rilasciato WordPress 2.3.3: corretta una grave falla di sicurezza

Posted on Wed 06 February 2008 in Sicurezza, WordPress • Tagged with aggiornamento, bug, falla, grave, nuova, Sicurezza, upgrade, versione, WordPress, xmlrpc


E' stata rilasciata da poche ore la versione 2.3.3 di WordPress. Con questa release viene corretta una falla piuttosto grave che riguarda in particolar modo quei blog che permettono la registrazione di altri utenti.

A causa di un bug in xmlrpc.php è infatti possibile per un utente qualsiasi del blog, editare i contenuti scritti da un altro utente.

Oltre a questo bug, sono stati corretti anche altri piccoli problemi che riguardavano la versione 2.3.2 di WordPress.

E' consigliato un tempestivo aggiornamento, seguendo la procedura indicata sul sito ufficiale.