is a particular version of Mozilla, designed for handled devices and
internet tablets. With the latest development version, stability has
been improved, but the application is still a bit slow and "memory
hungry". Speed an memory improvements are scheduled for the next release
(Alpha1 - September 9, 2008).
Latest available version, Fennec M7, has the following improvements:
- Initial Add-on Manager support has landed. Tap "+" button in the
sidebar to display the Add-on Manager. Use it to install, view and
remove add-ons. Use the application menu button to dismiss the
panel. Clicking on an add-on XPI in a webpage will also display the
manager. The current UX design is not final.
- The top URL bar has been changed to work as designed: The bar will
scroll into view at the top of the web content or will float over
- Support for kinetic scrolling has been added to the web content.
- Support for non-modal Password Manager UI was added.
- Some tabbed browsing fixes.
- Some zooming fixes.
- Some stability fixes.
To install it on your tablet, you've to configure Application Manager
with the following parameters:
If you're not sure or if you want further instructions about installing
Fennec, you can find a step by step
guide on Mozilla
Note: M7 supports the Maemo chinook & diablo distributions.