Fundraising for CuteSoma (Soma.fm mobile client) development
Posted on Sun 10 February 2013 in BlackBerry, Maemo (EN), MeeGo, Programmazione, Windows Phone
Developing CuteSoma and maintaining it for three different platforms (Nokia N9, Windows Phone, BlackBerry 10) is really taking me a lot of time. I've many features in mind to add but I can't dedicate much spare time to them and to do it I should take time from other paid projects. I've also discarded the idea to make CuteSoma a paid app, because it's been always free (except the Windows Phone one that was non-free for just a month, but only 6 people "SIX" bought the app).
So I decided to open a fundraising campaign on Indiegogo that is a service like KickStarter, but it's available all around the world (not just in USA and UK like Kickstarter).
What do I Need & What You Get
I would like to raise at least 5.000€ to be able to keep maintaining the existing features and to implement new one. Developing for 3 different platforms really takes a lot of time. I also need to find a way to get a Windows Phone 8 device because at the moment I cannot test some features using just the emulator.
What the application currently does:
- You can view the list of Soma.fm channels
- You can listen any channel
Features I would like to add:
- Scrobbling song to Last.fm
- Write a new MediaSource for Windows Phone (the default one is quite bugged and I need to implement one from scratch)
- Port the BlackBerry10 version to the native CascadesUI
Funding the development of CuteSoma you will make thousands of people really happy, because they will be able to listen to Soma.fm on their Nokia N9, Windows Phone and BlackBerry 10 devices. You will also make me feel apreciated for all the hours I'm spending to write the code :)
Yes. CuteSoma is completly opensource. I keep my source code on GitHub and BitBucket and it's always updated. All the CuteSoma versions are released under the GPL license.
- CuteSoma for Nokia N9 - source code: https://github.com/andreagrandi/CuteSoma
- CuteSoma for BlackBerry 10 - source code: https://github.com/andreagrandi/CuteSoma/tree/bb10
- CuteSoma for Windows Phone - source code: https://bitbucket.org/andreagrandi/cutesoma/src
Other Ways You Can Help
If you want to contribute but you can't or you don't want to send money, you could help me in the following ways:
1) Download and use the application:
- Nokia N9: http://store.ovi.com/content/205737
- Windows Phone: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/cutesoma/387185ca-1328-4d1c-a4c2-45568cf06470
- BlackBerry 10: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/20200430/
2) Tweet/Blog about this fund raising campaign: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cutesoma-soma-fm-client/x/2353169