Being one of the developers who received the discount to buy a N900, during these days I contacted the DDP customer care to have more informations and details. I’ll publish here both my original question and the official reply.
1) The price of N900 is 250€ and I’ve read of people who paid it this price. Anyway here you say that the VAT is not included:
so it should costs 300€ not 250€, right?
The VAT applies only for Finnish developers, for the others the price is the price they see in the eStore, no VAT is added to that.
So, all non-finnish european people, will pay 250€ for the N900.
2) How much time can I wait before ordering it? In this moment I’m in Valencia (Spain) and I won’t come back to Italy before Christmas. I’d like the order to be shipped to my home in Italy (I registered as italian user and I want italian keyboard layout), but I’d like to wait to order it, because since there’s no warranty and I need to tell you about any problem within a week, if I order it now I will be able to check it only at the end of december when I’ll come back to Italy.
I guess this should not be a problem.
This part is not confirmed yet, since Quim told us to hurry up to buy it.
3) How many devices can I buy at that price? Here you say I can buy two:
but here you say I can buy one: https://pro.forum.nokia.com/showProduct.do?product_id=5096
I don’t want two devices, but another friend of mine, who help me in a project for the Maemo Community, would like to be able to buy one for the same price (he wasn’t able to get the discount because his karma is still low).
As far as I know, you can only purchase 1x device per person, regarding MAEMO N900.
4) Where can we find the new firmware? In the FAQ you say: DDP does not flash devices. It’s ok, I can do it, but there’s no public firmware for N900 at the moment.
To update N900, can possibly be using NSU. Nokia software updater.
5) Is it possible to have a device with localized keyboard (for example italian one) ?
All N900 will have EURO variant, Italian language is one option.
Note: even these replies come from the official customer care, I don’t assume any responsability if they shouldn’t be all exact. If you have any doubt, please contact them directly at DDP.email@example.com